Need New Jersey Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys?
Keefe Law Firm Has an Experienced Legal Team Ready to Fight for You
Suffering a spinal cord or brain injury may lead to paralysis or other catastrophic consequences. Whether you suffered a spinal cord injury in a construction site accident, an automobile accident, or in another tragic circumstance, you are more than likely facing physical limitations, frustrations, and the mounting costs. However, if someone else caused the accident that led to your injury, then you may be able to file a personal injury claim to recover compensation for these expenses.
At Keefe Law Firm, our New Jersey spinal cord injury attorneys are experienced in representing the victims and families of spine trauma and paralysis. The more severe your injury is, the harder the insurance company for the defendant will work to deny or limit your recovery. That is why you need a legal team who is experienced and equipped to ensure that you get a fair trial and receive the recovery from your damages that you deserve.
What Are the Common Causes of Spinal Cord Injuries?
Our New Jersey spinal cord injury attorneys understand the stress that affects the victims and families of serious spinal cord injuries. If an injury has left you confined to a wheelchair, then you want to be certain that you recover the compensation you need and deserve. Our legal team has experience representing victims of spinal cord injuries from the following causes:
- Motor vehicle accidents. Car crashes are a leading cause of spine injuries and other life-changing trauma.
- Slip and fall accidents. A fall can cause serious trauma to the back and spinal cord. Children and the elderly are especially susceptible to these kinds of spine injuries.
- Acts of violence. An assault or other act of violence can cause catastrophic injuries, including spinal damage.
- Sports and recreation injuries. In some circumstances, contact sports can cause severe spinal cord injuries and paralysis.
There are many other possible causes of a spinal cord injury; our legal team works to make sure the victims of all negligent scenarios are protected.
What Are Possible Effects of a Spine Injury?
A spinal cord injury often has serious, lifelong effects. In most cases, any damage to the nerves of the spinal cord is irreparable. As a result, victims usually experience full or partial paralysis below the site of the injury. Depending on the severity of the damage and the site of the injury, a spine injury may result in:
- Paraplegia. This occurs when a spinal cord injury victim loses the use of his or her legs and lower body. As a result, you may require specialized medical equipment to move around and perform daily tasks. Depending on your industry, you may be unable to return to your previous work as well.
- Quadriplegia. When nerve damage occurs high up on the spine or neck, then you may lose function of your arms and legs. In severe cases, victims may also need assistance to eat, speak, or even breathe. Quadriplegia victims require a lifetime of medical care and around-the-clock help.
Contact Our Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys Today for a Free Consultation
It is imperative to consult with an attorney as soon as possible if you sustained a spine injury. The more serious your injury is, the more complicated your case may become. Our attorneys will collect medical documentation, consult with experts, protect your rights and represent you against the insurance companies and the powerful lawyers they will hire against you. We work with families of victims, contact witnesses, assist with disability benefits, and will take the necessary legal steps to ensure you receive a fair recovery for you or your loved one.
Our New Jersey spinal cord injury attorneys understand that your stress and losses may be great. You may face despair and wonder if you will ever be able to work, care for your loved ones, or enjoy life like you did before the accident. We will work with you to recover the financial compensation you deserve so that you can survive your injuries. For more information or to speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer, contact Keefe Law Firm today.