Attorney Jessica S. Allen
+1 732 224-9400, ext. 211
Key Practice Areas
- Workplace Investigations
- Commercial Disputes
- Class Actions
- Consumer Fraud
Primary Focus & Experience
Jessica S. Allen is an accomplished litigator with extensive experience in both federal and state court. She has represented employees/plaintiffs and employers/defendants in a wide array of litigation matters, including workplace harassment, discrimination, wrongful termination, retaliation/whistleblower, fraudulent marketing of opioid drugs, and breach of contract cases.
In addition to her diverse litigation experience, Ms. Allen has conducted a wide array of internal workplace investigations ranging from allegations of sexual harassment, discrimination, retaliation, and fraud as well as employee misconduct and internal controls compliance for companies, public entities, universities and non-profit organizations.
She also serves as an arbitrator for the American Arbitration Association, handling a wide range of employment matters.
- She has served as an Assistant Attorney General in the New Jersey Office of Attorney General. Managed Deputy Attorneys General in the Government and Healthcare Fraud and the Consumer Fraud Sections within the Division of Law’s Affirmative Civil Enforcement (ALE) Practice Group. Responsible for overseeing all civil investigations and prosecutions of violations of the New Jersey False Claims Act and the New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act.
- Oversaw the work of the Employment Litigation Section as well as the Correction and State Police Section. Supervised Deputy Attorneys General while she represented and regularly provided advice to State agency clients in a wide range of federal and state court employment and section 1983 civil rights matters.
- Argued before the New Jersey Supreme Court in the landmark case, Aguas v. State of New Jersey, 220 N.J. 494 (2015).
- Served as an Assistant United States Attorney in the District of New Jersey for five years. Handled both civil and criminal cases and litigated employment, tort and immigration cases on behalf of federal agencies. Routinely counseled federal agencies on affirmative action policies and employee personnel issues.
- As a federal prosecutor, investigated and prosecuted a wide variety of federal offenses, including mortgage fraud, bank fraud, identity theft, credit card fraud, narcotics and firearms possession.
- Successfully argued multiple times before the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
- “A Preview of Proposed EEOC Enforcement Guidance and Effects of #MeToo,” New Jersey Law Journal, March 2018
- An Effective Workplace Investigation, A Critical Tool to Combat Sexual Harassment, January 2019 Download PDF
Appointments & Recognition
- Immediate Past President of the New Jersey Women Lawyers Association
- 2014 recipient of the Professional Lawyer of the Year Award from the New Jersey Commission on Professionalism in the Law
- Appointed to serve on the New Jersey Supreme Court Committee on Women in the Courts for the 2018-2020 term.
- Appointed to serve as co-chair of the Employment Law Roundtable Committee working with the Executive Committee of the New Jersey State Bar Association’s Labor & Employment Law Section for the 2018-2019 term.
- Appointed by the New Jersey Supreme Court to serve on the New Jersey Supreme Court Committee on Complementary Dispute Resolution for the 2013-2015 term.
- Executive Board Member of the Historical Society of the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey.
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D. 1996
- Rutgers University, (BA/BS?) cum laude, 1992\
- New Jersey, 1996
- District of New Jersey, 1996
- New York, 1997
- Eastern and Southern Districts of New York, 1998
- United States Magistrate Judge Madeline Cox Arleo, elevated to United States District Court Judge for the District of New Jersey
- United States Magistrate Judge Ronald J. Hedges for the District Court of New Jersey
- “Workplace Investigations in Light of the #MeToo Movement”, New Jersey State Bar Association NJICLE, Sept. 26, 2018
- “Jury Selection and Ethical Considerations” New Jersey Attorney General’s Advocacy Institute,
Aug. 7, 2014
- “The Art of Advocacy” Seton Hall Law Review Symposium, Oct. 1, 2014
- “Advantages and Pitfalls in Responding to Government Inquiries”, Insurance Society of Philadelphia, May 10, 2016